FUNCTIONS OF THE NPO SECRETARIAT
The NPO Secretariat shall:
- License institutions to operate as Non-Profit Organizations
- Maintain and publish a list of NPOs in good standing in the country.
- Establish standards,Directives and codes of practice in collaboration with the NPO sector.
- Adopt a risk-based approach in monitoring and supervising NPOs identified to be vulnerable to money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Laise between Government and the NPO sector.
- 6. Advise the sector Minister on matters of policy relating to the NPO sector, and
- 7. Collaborate with relevant domestic and international Law Enforcement Agencies in investigations and the sharing of information.