The Programs Development Division (PDD) is primarily responsible for the development and piloting of strategic cross-sectoral programmes and projects on social welfare and development for poverty alleviation.
- Ensures the development and pilot of strategic social intervention programmes and projects for poverty alleviation;
- Provides institutionalize framework for the continuous and effective implementation of Social intervention programs and strategies;
- Develops institutional mechanisms in establishing and maintaining networks/ alliances at the national level to support the implementation of Social interventions, programs, projects and strategies;
- Provides recommendations on policy planning and programmes development, monitoring and evaluation; and
- Coordinates the implementation of sustainable livelihood programs and projects.
The Division consists of the under listed Units:
- Sustainable Livelihood Program Unit:- The Sustainable Livelihood Program Unit develops and pilots national oriented sustainable livelihood programs; reviews and enhances operational and policy guidelines on sustainable livelihood programs and projects; and leads the Department’s efforts in establishing linkages and networks for potential partners.
- Community-Based Development Programs Unit:-The Unit is responsible for the provision of technical assistance and resource augmentation for the vulnerable sectors. It also assesses the psychosocial patients and connects them to necessary resources.
- NGO Unit:-The Unit registers, licenses and assesses the operations of Non-governmental organisations and partners in the social development sector.