The Division shall be responsible for the provision of technical assistance and services to ensure the welfare of the vulnerable and marginalized groups.
Specifically, the Division shall:
- Ensures the District Assemblies comply with the laws ensuring justice for juveniles;
- Advocates legislative agenda relative to the social welfare and development of juvenile;
- Assists the court in cases involving juveniles and provide prisons aftercare; and
- Provides correctional measures and remands reformation for juvenile offenders.
The Units under the Division are:
- Probation Unit: The Unit develops and reviews written guidelines and rules for intake dispositional decisions, procedures and legal sufficiency of complaint. It also ensures the availability and utilization of investigative services.
- Correctional Unit: The Unit coordinates the operation of residential facilities and reformative for children in contact with the law.
- Aftercare and Community Service Unit: The Unit provides post care services for juvenile offenders and adult prisoners.